Sunday, October 25, 2009

OcToBeR BiRtHdAyS

Well, October is a busy birthday month in my family. October 6- Dad Ricks, October 13- Matt, October 17- Jenn, and October 23- Mom Ricks. I've been slacking on my picture taking because I've been forgetting the camera. But this past Friday, Mom Ricks' birthday, Dave remembered the camera. So I have some pictures! We did celebrate everyone else's birthday but don't have any pictures to show for it. Sorry Dad, Matt, and Jenn (you live far away, so I wouldn't have pictures anyway), it doesn't mean I don't love you. So here are some pictures from Mom's birthday. We went out to dinner, then came home and opened presents and ate cake. Dave and I stayed the night so he could watch the disappointing BYU football game. It makes me laugh how emotionally and mentally attached boys are to sports. Anyway, here are some pictures.

The web cam for Skype so now she can talk to and see her boys.

New soft sweater. It has fur on the inside.

Mom and Dad Ricks.

Blowing out the candles.

2 comments:

  1. I love that your Halloween decorations you made at Enrichment...do share the secret!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This may seem odd to you because yo have no clue who I am. Your mother, Kathleen Hardy Ricks may not remember me either. Either way, she is who I was trying to find when your blog came up.:)
    I was a student in her 5th grade class at Sego Lily Elementary in Lehi Ut.(I even attended her wedding that year.) I am almost 40 now, so I would be very surprised if she knew who I was. But my purpose is to let her know how much she influenced me. I really adored her as a person and a teacher. As a result, I am a teacher now myself and I understand how important it is to know that you have made a difference in at least one childs life. Well, I want her to know she did make a difference in mine. I am glad to see she has 6 sons, and she has not changed at all! Please pass on this message for me. Tell her "hello" from an old friend.
    Thank You,
    Kris Gazaway Moore

    ReplyDelete