Monday, July 18, 2011

Jocelyn, the Crawler and Dave is Getting Old

Well Jocelyn is now a crawler.  She made her first moves on the 4th of July and then didn't do anything for a few days.  Then she moved like four feet and this past week she really got it down good.  I can't believe it.  It is so awesome and I love that she follows me around from room to room now.  But crawling has also brought the boo-boo phase.  She face plants it sometimes and doesn't like that much.  Who does? See the picture below for her first shiner.  She can also go from a crawling position to a sitting up position.  And she can also pull herself up on things.  She has learned so much in such a short time.  It is so crazy how fast they grow and learn.  I love it!  Here are some pictures of other things we've learned about Jocelyn lately.

Here is a picture of her first bruise.  Poor baby.  It's not very big so you might have to enlarge the picture to see it.  Looking at her, it's under the left eye (her right eye.)

She loves boxes and apparently wants to learn how to do handstands. 

She also likes shoes.  What girl doesn't? 

I don't know how I feel about this but she likes to watch a good show now and then.

We've also learned that Jocelyn has a foot fetish.  This isn't particularly new but I thought I would explain why I'm using my feet in this next video to get Jocelyn to crawl. And I apologize for it being so long.


So next up is Dave's 10 Year High School Reunion.  Yeah, he's that old.  But that makes me feel old too because that means mine is only 2 years away.  Weird.  Anyway, it was last Saturday night and Dave had a great time getting reacquainted with classmates and I enjoyed meeting people I'd heard about.  I was a little apprehensive about going because I wasn't going to know a lot of these people but it was fun and time flew by fast.  There was a much nicer dinner than we expected and then they gave away some prizes and then it was just dancing and talking the rest of the evening.  Not many people actually danced and we more shouting at each other than talking because the music was blaring but it was still a good time.  So here's to the Class of 2001!

And yes, most of them still have not grown up.

3 comments:

  1. She is so cute. I think a lot of babies have foot fetishes, or maybe it is just mine. Must be a family resemblance. Ivy has been biting my big toes lately. Not fun. Anyway, I'm excited to see Jocelyn in a few months. She and Ivy will have so much fun crawling around together (or maybe Ivy will be walking by then). And wish Dave a Happy Early Birthday. He is getting old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a great crawler!!! can't wait to see you all in a few weeks :)

    and its my 10 yr reunion this summer too...I feel old. Happy Early Birthday to the main man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so adorable. Love the crawling. So excited to see her in action next month. And it makes me feel really really old that Dave (and Melanie) are just having their 10 year high school reunions.

    ReplyDelete