Sunday, November 25, 2012

Being Sick Stinks!

Poor Jocey got sick this past week.  I was really frustrated because we had just started potty training.  I didn't realize how emotionally invested I was.  I had prepared for it for a couple of weeks now.  I read a book, made sure I had 3 free days, all the grocery shopping was done, laundry was done, etc.  We had finished one whole day of our "3 Day Potty Training" program which had been pretty successful.  Then it went down hill.

Jocey woke up at about 1am with throw up all over her and her bed.  Dave and I got busy cleaning everything up and then went back to bed.  I was up with Jocey a couple more times but luckily her throwing up decreased tremendously.  She was mostly just spitting up water.  Anyway, once we got up for the day I had to make the decision of what to do about potty training.  At first I thought I would continue with it.  I called my sister and even turned to Facebook for guidance.  Every one said to wait.  I cried.  That's when I realized just how invested I was.  But it also took a ton of pressure off of the situation.  Worrying about Jocey wetting herself AND throwing up was a little much.  So potty training has been postponed. 

DSC01586 

Luckily, it was just a 24 hour bug and she is back to her old silly and cute self.  She celebrated by decorating daddy and herself with stickers.

DSC01600

DSC01605

No comments:

Post a Comment