Sunday, December 2, 2012

Let the Festivities Begin!

To start off all the fun to be had in the month of December, last night we went to an Ugly Sweater Party.  It was great.  This was my first one and it did not disappoint. 

Everyone brought an appetizer or dessert (I made BYU Mint Brownies) to share.  We had Mocktails.  We played a couple of games ("pass the orange from neck to neck" game and "guess the character" game).  My team won both!  There was lots of mingling and a White Elephant Gift Exchange.  I was surprised how nice some of the gifts were.  Don't worry there was a $5 limit so we didn't have flat screen TVs or anything but there were still some nice things.  Dave and I will have to do better next year because ours were last second gifts from around the house.  The night ended with announcing the winners of the Ugly Sweater Contest.  They deserved to win.  Here's some pictures of all the contestants.  You be the judge and tell me which are your favorites!  I've numbered them so you can tell me which picture.

Photobucket
#1

Photobucket
#2

Photobucket
#3

Photobucket
#4 
 
Photobucket
#5 

Photobucket
#6

Here's the winners of the night.
Photobucket
 
And here's the funny story about our sweaters. Dave's was found in the male section of Goodwill but it had shoulder pads and his sleeves were too short. I got mine in the women's section but didn't try it on. It was probably a little small to begin with but then I washed it and I'm pretty sure it shrunk...ALOT. I could barely get my arms through, it didn't even go down to my belly button, and I could hardly button the buttons. But all these flaws of both our sweaters really added character I think.
 
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! I've always wanted to go to an ugly sweater party! Looks fun :)

    ReplyDelete