Monday, November 11, 2013

Woah Baby!

Emma Joy Ricks joined our family on October 17th at 3:05am.  She weighed 8lbs. 13 oz. and was 20 1/2 inches long.  She came with a full head of dark hair.  We love her and she fits right in with the family.  My mom was here that first week which was SOOOOOOO nice.  I wish I could have her live here permanently.  Dave took the week off after my mom left and took a couple days off the week after to slowly help me transition into being a stay-at-home mom of two little girls.  It's tough.  We definitely have good days and bad days but I know it will only get better.

I probably won't ever write about the birth story. I never did with Jocelyn either. Both were pretty easy and uneventful. Though we have discovered that I have what Dave calls, the worst super power ever. I have the ability to make my epidurals wear off. Yes, with both my girls I had issues with them wearing off. With Jocelyn they were able to sort of fix it by giving me boosts or changing dosage but with Emma nothing worked. I was dilated to a 9 and screaming like a banshee. So they removed my epidural and redid it. Thank heaven for drugs when they work correctly!  I hope my super power goes away though before we have any more children.

Now enjoy some pictures.

 photo birth003640x480_zps5d0feec3.jpg
 
 photo DSC02656640x480_zpsb06a37b2.jpg
 
 photo DSC02663640x480_zps1d3448a5.jpg
 
 photo DSC02675640x480_zps5aff6fa5.jpg

1 comment:

  1. uneventful!! it wore off!! you are a crazy girl!! glad it they come pretty easily though!! we need to come see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete