Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Ze Papa

Father's Day just happened in case you didn't know.  So let's take a look.

Dave slept in but really he didn't.  He ended up getting called into work on Saturday and didn't get home until 3am, Sunday morning.  And then he got up at 9:30am.  So normally, that would be considered sleeping in but since he only got just over six hours of sleep, I don't think it counts.  Poor guy.  But the girls and I tried to take care of him.  I made him Cinnamon Streusel muffins per his request and he got some nice presents and cards.

 photo DSC03870480x640_zps317ea797.jpg
 photo DSC03880640x480_zps228ef3dd.jpg

I updated his "DAD" pictures and gave him some teeth whitening strips (no I wasn't being mean, he had actually mentioned them previously) and a game called Monopoly Deal (so much more enjoyable and quicker than real Monopoly). And here's what Jocelyn "wrote" in her card to daddy. It made me laugh.

I love you! I hope you will have a great day. And I hope you will have a happy Father's Day. And I love mommy. And I have a great truth. And drink lots of water. And I love you daddy. I'm happy to see you. Thank you for coming home.

Isn't that adorable? She actually kept talking but I ran out of room on the card. Anyway, after getting ready for church, we headed to Dave's dad's ward since Dave's cousin was giving his mission homecoming talk. Then we had dinner with the family and then stayed for the drop in party for said cousin. Dave seemed to have a good day and that's all that matters.

I'm so grateful for Dave and my dad and father-in-law for being great men! You're seriously the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment