Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Quarter of a Century

That's how old I turned this year. It does sound kinda old to me but I don't feel any different. Just another birthday. However, my birthday was pretty awesome this year. I have always wanted to do a murder mystery party and so I got online and downloaded one. They're pretty easy to put together which is good because I had short notice. Dave's parents, little brother, and cousin came over for the party. It was a 50's theme, called "Greased at the Diner." Everyone dressed up and we had salad, pizza, bread sticks, and of course birthday cake. We didn't do the whole 5 course meal thing throughout the murder mystery but just ate and then played it out. It was pretty cool and if you are ever looking to do one I would recommend it. Here is a good site I found: http://www.red-herring-games.co.uk/. They give you ratings so you can get clean ones too. We had fun and after the murder was solved we played a card game and then everyone went home.

This is the outline of Dino who was found dead.

These are my really cool decorations. You can stop applauding.

Dave- Poora Moore (he volunteered to be a girl because all the mysteries had even female to male ratios)

Dad- Arthur "Bronzie" Bronzerelli

Brian- Buddy Folly

Matt- Maynard G. Wayout

Mom-Pinkie LaRue

Me- Peggy Sousa

Blowing out the candles. Dave was in every picture. Sneaky little devil.

The whole gang.

The next day, which was my actual birthday, Dave made me breakfast. Eggs and toast = YUMMY! Dave had gotten me LOST Season 5 so we spent most of the morning watching it. Then we went to a baptism and had Stake Conference that evening. That's why we celebrated the evening before because we already had a busy day. But it was great and I got Lost Season 5, as already mentioned, A Knight's Tale, a sweater, and a digital photo frame. It was a super birthday. No complaints here and thanks everyone for the birthday calls and wishes.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a blast! Happy late birthday, Krazy Kathy.

    ReplyDelete