Sunday, January 17, 2010

What's new wid chew?

Hello there, my peeps. Dave here. I want to tell you about some stuff that has happened in our lives lately, and possibly in more detail than you care to know.

First, I've finally started working a lot more recently. I've got two big translation projects that I'm working on, one is a huge report about the status of the Russian nuclear icebreaker fleet, and the other is a back-translation of some standardized math tests for New York from Russian into English. What that means is that the state had the tests translated into Russian, and now I'm translating it back into English so that the test-makers know that the translation is correct. It's pretty fun, but I'm having to remember what the heck quadracepts and decagons are. (Be afraid 3rd graders, be very afraid!) The jobs both pay really well and are keeping me really busy, especially since I'm still interpreting at hospitals too. I'm so awesome!

Next, Kathryn and I have either bought or been given about 12 movies in the last month, the most expensive of them only being about $5 (well, of the ones we bought). And we just bought a DVD/VCR player last night, so I think we are now officially upper-class. We are super rich, unless you actually factor in how much I owe for my student loans, in which case we have a lot of negative money. But still, we actually have been pretty blessed financially lately, especially since we don't have any of those money-holes living with us, otherwise known as "children." (Disclaimer: I don't hate children. Yet.)

Hmmm, what else? Kathryn is sleeping right now, it's raining, I'm wearing manly slippers (yes, that's possible), and there is permanently a funky smell coming from our walk-in closet because of all our shoes (especially Kathryn's, since her shoes do not always require socks). In short, life is good. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment