Sunday, June 24, 2012

"Arise and Shine"

In our church, the youth have a scripture theme each year and the theme for this year is D&C115: 5 "Arise and shine forth, that thy light may be a standard for the nations."

As most of you know, I get to work with the young women and I absolutely love it.  I just wanted to share a song with you that I got to sing with our young women today in Sacrament Meeting.  Just hearing it makes me tear up.  I am so impressed with the youth.  I loved being able to sing with them and look down at their mothers and fathers and others in the ward and see their eyes water as well.  And to me that represents hope.  We have hope for the future because we have these wonderful young women to lead it.  The world is in good hands.

Here is a link to the song we sang.  It was originally sung at the most recent General Young Women Meeting.  I love the words and I love hearing the girls bear their testimonies through it.  Words can't describe how much I love the youth of the church.  They are truly amazing and a light to the nations.


No comments:

Post a Comment