Monday, June 18, 2012

Daddy's Day

So if you know me well, you know that I really get into holidays. I usually plan months in advance the things I want to do, decorate, and eat. This Father's Day was no different. So here is the day in pictures.

I made a sign for the day.

All this was in a little gift bag but you can see it better all laid out.  Dave got pictures of Jocelyn holding letters that spell out "DAD", Settlers of Catan Expansion, Reeses, a new dress shirt and tie, a coupon book, and awesome cards.

I made Dave a special breakfast.  This was my attempt at making pancakes shaped like ties.  I also made a special lunch but nothing too fancy.

After we all took naps, we went to El Dorado Hills to be with Dave's family.  We had dinner at the McCaffree's and I made dessert.  This was my attmept at making tie decorations with frosting.  They aren't the purdiest cupcakes but they still tasted good.

Dave said he had a good Father's Day and that's all that matters.  It was also nice to spend time with my father-in-law, Dave's uncle, and his grandpa.  It's nice to live close and celebrate holidays together.  I got to talk to my dad on the phone which I guess will have to do.  I do get to see my family next month and I can't hardly wait!  Anyway,  Happy Father's Day to the wonderful fathers in my life.  I love you and you truly are the best there is!

3 comments:

  1. You are so fun with your holiday decor and treats!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Love the tie theme throughout the day! And I'm totally stealing the photos with the letters idea. So cute! You're awesome! oh and happy father's day to Dave :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so fun! I love your amazing planning skills... and you even follow through!

    ReplyDelete