Saturday, July 7, 2012

River Rafting

Today we floated down the American River.  The Oakes invited us and I'm so glad we went because it was so much fun.  We waited until the afternoon when it would be warmer and the kiddos were rested.  We had 2 rafts and tied them together.  Christine and I started in the smaller one, and then when we could finally steer into a shallow area (not because we didn't have a lot of opportunities but because we had issues steering) we switched into the bigger one with the kiddos.  The kids did so well though it lasted longer than we thought.  I think Dave and I need to get a raft so we can do this more often.

I think Jocey got some sunscreen in her eyes so they were red most of the time.

Taking a break from rafting.

The Oakes soaking in the sun.

Jocey is a water baby and didn't want to spend one minute out of the water.

Muscle Dave and our rafts.

No comments:

Post a Comment