Monday, October 13, 2014

No Dave

Once upon a time, Dave was gone for the entire month of August for work. This is what the girls and I did while he was gone.

I finally made the wall art for the master bedroom. It's not perfect, but I love how it turned out.

 photo DSC04051640x480_zps42197dcd.jpg

The girls were really good and super cute, especially when they discovered my high heels.

 photo DSC04113640x480_zps5b8d59e0.jpg
 photo DSC04092480x640_zpsebdc3a51.jpg
 photo DSC04128480x640_zps2dd8ee67.jpg

Thankfully, in the middle of the month, we had some family come for a visit. Dave's brother Josh, his wife Tara, and their cute little boy Ben came to play. We had fun just playing and talking together. We went to our neighborhood splash park one day and fun was had by all.

 photo DSC04129480x640_zps1297e0b0.jpg
 
After all the family headed home, Jocelyn started preschool. Myself and five other moms are teaching our cute girls. Preschool is two days a week for 2 1/2 hours and we switch each week, taking a turn to host and teach. It's been great so far and Jocey loves it!

 photo DSC04141640x480_zpsedbc8227.jpg

And for me, the biggest accomplishment during that month was that I worked out every single day (with the exception of Sunday). And it payed off. I've lost at least 10lbs. Since Dave has come home I haven't been as good but I'm still working out and still losing weight. I love it!

We were so happy to have Dave home. However, surprisingly, the month went by quickly. And it was a lot easier than I thought it would be. I had great friends that invited us over for dinners and we had play dates and I had a girls night and as mentioned above, we had family visit, so it helped to make everything go smoothly. Plus, I think it really made a huge difference from other times Dave has been gone, that we got to Skype him every day. So we did see him most every day. But I think we'll wait quite awhile before letting him go for that long again.

No comments:

Post a Comment