Wednesday, April 8, 2009

It Smelled Like Summer

This past weekend Dave and I went up to El Dorado Hills to visit the fam. El Dorado Hills weather is very different from Monterey weather. It was absolutely perfect. Warm and no breeze. Monterey stays pretty cool and moderate all year round. Not a lot of variety. I loved the weather this weekend and am really excited to be moving there for the summer. Yes I know it gets blasted hot but I'm still excited. Anyway, Sunday and Monday, it smelled like summer. I can't describe the smell or the feeling but it was just peaceful and calm and perfect. It reminded me of Utah and my grandparents house when we were on vacation. There wasn't a care in the world and I just wanted to sit outside and take it all in. The fan was on in the house making it the perfect temperature and added that calming sound of a beautiful summer day. So anyway, I'm rambling on and this probably doesn't make sense but I love the smell and feeling of summer.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know you'd be living there this summer. I'm jealous of the smell. It still smells like winter too often with an occasional springy day. love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree. I love the smell, sounds, and feeling of summer. We're still freezing our tails off out here, but we have hope that someday it will be warm! Enjoy it for us okay!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that smell too! When are you moving?

    ReplyDelete