Saturday, April 11, 2009

Loads of Eggs

Today was the annual Easter Egg Hunt for the City of Monterey. The Recreation Department puts it on every year and since I work for the Rec. Dept. I got to work at the Easter Egg Hunt. I was lucky and got to be one of the early birds. I was there at 7:00 a.m. It did go by really fast though because there was lots to do. We set up the stations and then people started showing up. I got to help the Easter Bunny this year. That basically consisted of refilling the candy basket and crowd control. The 4 hours flew by and I didn't have to do any clean up or take down because by the time the Easter Bunny was done, everything else was already done. It was great. Anyway, this year they had a load of Easter eggs left over. Since I teach Nursery at church I thought I would take a few to give to the kids. Well, it ended up being more than a few. I have a couple hundred Easter eggs full of candy just chilling at my house. I grabbed more because I figured I could take them to the Primary as well, otherwise the eggs would probably just sit there for awhile. I don't like to waste candy so the kids at church get it instead. I'm sure their parents will appreciate it. And don't worry, Dave and I snagged a few for ourselves. So anyway, here are a couple pictures of the eggs once I got home. Oh yeah and I got my face painted. I was the first person too. I'm pretty cool. Hope everyone has a lovely Easter!




2 comments:

  1. I'm soo jealous because I love candy and wasn't it every kids dream to have bags of candy like that! I'm so with you, you can't let candy go to waste. My favorite kid story to this day is still..."The holy ghost came into my tummy and said Candy, I want candy"

    ReplyDelete