Monday, July 27, 2009

Birthdays Galore

This past week has been very busy with birthdays. Dave's was on Wednesday. My brother Brad's is also on Wednesday but we called him on Tuesday because of the huge time difference between here and Japan. Dave's uncle's was Tuesday and his grandpa's was on Sunday. So we did the only right thing. We celebrated pretty much all week.

On Wednesday, we didn't really do too much for Dave. He worked and when he got home he opened some presents. Shortly after that, I left with his mom to go back to Camp Nauvoo. Camp Nauvoo is 30 minutes away from where we live and where the ward was camping for a week. Dave did come up that night with his grandparents and uncle to eat dinner with us. Then I stayed the night and Dave went home so he could work the next morning.

I gave him a Michael Jackson Greatest Hits piano book. I bought this before MJ died. It's probably worth like a billion dollars now.

His parents gave him some new work clothes so he doesn't have to wear the same thing every day.

Thursday night, after I got home, Dave and I saw Harry Potter 6. That wasn't necessarily for his birthday but I thought I would mention it. I really liked it. Friday night, Dave's parents took us all out to dinner for Dave and Uncle David's birthday. We ate at a Thai restaurant.

Dad, Dave, and Uncle David

Michael, me, and Mom

Saturday was Dave's real birthday celebration. I made him muffins and eggs for breakfast. Then I baked, not 1, but 2 cakes. Then later that day there was a huge BBQ for the Stake to celebrate Pioneer Day. We ate and then headed back home. I finished decorating the cakes and getting things ready. Some friends come over and we played, ate, and played some more. It was great.

It was G. I. Joe themed.

Dave playing Foosball with Zach, Mitch, and Jenn while Rebecca and Chris watch.

Blowing out the candles.


This is the shirt I made him. You'll have to ask Dave for the story behind it. It says, "I AM THE INTERPRETATOR."

Then Sunday after church, the grandparents, Uncle David and Aunt Traudy, came over for dinner. After dinner, the McCaffree's joined us and brought cake for grandpa's birthday. We ate and played. That seems to be a reoccurring thing in our family. I don't mind. Anyway, this is getting really long. Needless to say, we dragged out the birthday celebrations this week but it was a lot of fun.

Grandpa and Grandma Ricks

No comments:

Post a Comment