Sunday, July 5, 2009

"I'm Proud To Be An American"

I really like Independence Day. It isn't my favorite holiday but I still really enjoy it. Parades, great food, and fireworks. I didn't see a parade this year. In fact, most of the morning was spent cooking and preparing for the exciting bike trip this week. Dave and I did go over to Grandpa and Grandma Ricks' for some enlightening conversation and 7-UP (the game, not the drink.) Anyway, after all this, we went to a BBQ at the Harrison's. We played Ping Pong, the boys went swimming, and we ate lots of good food. I would like to note that Dave lost every game of Ping Pong he played. He'll appreciate that.

Here are some nice Ping Pong action shots.

I think Dave was doing an impression of Elephant Man.

After the BBQ, we came home and dropped off Dad (he doesn't like fireworks), picked up the fireworks, Grandpa and Grandma, and drove over to a place in Folsom (fireworks are illegal in El Dorado Hills) and set things on fire. It was great. Dave, Matt, and I were in charge of lighting the fireworks, Mom was the firework's guardian, and Grandpa and Grandma were the spectators of the phenomenal show. It was a great Independence Day. God Bless the U.S.A!

I was really cheesin' it up.The box of all boxes.Matt starting the show.Grandma and Grandpa giving their best "Ooo's" and "Ahh's" at all the right moments.Dave waiting his turn.Mom guarding the fireworks.Part of the awesomeness.

2 comments:

  1. Your grandparents are so cute! Glad somebody got to light some fireworks this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Grandma is sitting in the car because that well totally be me in 50 years. Also I love the firework picture. It is awesome.

    ReplyDelete