Monday, August 3, 2009

More Birthdays!

Well the birthdays just keep coming. The day after the Ricks Family Reunion (Saturday, August 1), Dad, Mom, Dave, and I headed down to Concord for Uncle Tim and Aunt Darlene's 100th birthday celebration. They aren't really 100 but both turned or are turning 50 this year so they decided to celebrate together. It was pretty clever. Mom and Dad got to see some old friends and I got to meet another cousin. The BBQ food and cake were delicious.
The birthday hats and the birthday boy and girl.

It took the 4 of them (Kimmy, Julie, Dave, and Jessie) to light the candles.

Yes, there were 100 sparkler candles on the cake.

Looks like I wasn't the only one who enjoyed the cake. This is Julie's daughter, Kailey.

And last but not least, yesterday was Josh's birthday. Josh has been here the past week. He came up for the reunion. So of course we celebrated. After church, we had the dinner of his choice, opened presents, played some games, and ate oreo ice-cream cake. So we have been partying a lot lately but I'm not complaining. It's been a great couple of weeks.

Opening presents.

Taking a big breath to blow out all those candles.

2 comments:

  1. So fun to have met you finally! I'm glad you guys came down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kathryn and David! This is Justin and Rebecca Bledsoe!!! I was actually searching for Ray's blog (I was told he had one?!) and I found yours! I hope you don't mind me snooping! We had an enjoyable time at the family reunion with you guys! I am dying to play that hand guesture/card game again! I LOVED it!
    Take care!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete