Wednesday, August 12, 2009

New Jobs

Well I finally got a job. Well two kinda. First, I started helping Dave's grandma. She needs help getting up in the morning and from naps and then going down for bed (she's in a wheel chair). The rest of the time I'm with her (and grandpa) we read, make sure she takes her pills, and drinks her Ensure.

Second, I started working for a company called ClearBags this past Monday. I am a Customer Service Representative. That means I will be answering phones and taking orders from customers. There seems to be so much to learn but I'll get the hang of it. They have pretty cool stuff. Check out the websites at http://www.clearbags.com/ or http://www.clearenvelopes.com/. I don't know what else to tell you yet. I'm learning lots and am a little overwhelmed but the best way to learn is to just do it. Tomorrow I start using the phones. YIKES! But I'm sure that will help out a whole lot. Everyone seems really friendly and Dave's old bishop is the owner of the company. I've enjoyed it so far but like I said I feel a little overwhelmed.

So with the two jobs I'll be working about 60 hours a week. It's a big change from my summer of vacations but I'm glad to be busy and feel productive.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on being employed! I'm sure you'll get the hang of things quicker than you think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally found you guys! (This is Ashley, Dave's old high school buddy). Glad to see you've started a blog! Although I have yet to meet you, Kathryn! One day... And ClearBags! I have actually been thinking about ordering from them. I'm a graphic designer and I do a lot of greeting cards, so the plastic sleeves are great for that. Maybe we'll chat on the phone one day, huh?

    ReplyDelete