Thursday, November 12, 2009

I (Dave) feel like writing something

Hi everyone. I haven't written for a while, but that's because I've been way too busy lately playing video games and pumping iron. I admit that part of me is embarassed to admit that I still play video games when I'm 26, but why should I be? Why do people always mock video games, but encourage reading Harry Potter and (ugh!) Twilight? Those books are not educational, no matter what my wife says. At least video games increase my hand eye coordination (some games) and make me feel a sense of accomplishment when I save the world from marauding minotaurs or North Koreans. Or both. And most games have a storyline in them that makes it just like a book, except you get to take part in the action instead of simply sidelining it. It's like a "Choose Your Own Adventure." (I loved those, but I kept getting sucked out to outter space and have my head explode or fall into a black hole in my space ship book...) The moral of the story is that Twilight is stupid, and Harry Potter could never take on a North Korean-minotaur hybrid.

In other news, I'm weighing in at about 153 these days. That's legit.

I played tennis today for about 3 hours with my friend Chris Pritchett. It was intense. It would have gone much faster (we only played 3 sets), but we almost always botched our first serve. No, I didn't wear the little tennis skirt. Since you were wondering, yes, I won.

I wish I had something important to write, but Kathryn always covers all of the "practical" stuff, and we don't have any kids to laugh at.

I've been doing a lot of medical interpreting, and I've been talking to a lot of old people about their potty habits. Why do the old men always feel the need to show me the catheter bag with their pee in it? Is that really necessary? (the answer is YES!)

The end. Thank you for your time and patience.

1 comment:

  1. first of all I agree Twilight is not educational. I don't read to be educated, that would take the fun out of it ;) and secondly, don't feel bad your 26 playing video games. My Dave is a few years older and still asking for XBOX games and legos for christmas. I don't want you to grow up cause you're a Toys R Us kid!

    ReplyDelete