Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sacramento Zoo

Dave and I went to the zoo yesterday and it was great. I got so excited once we stepped through the gate. I felt like a kid again. It has been many years since I've been to a zoo. It wasn't huge but it was good enough for me. It only took us a couple of hours to walk through the whole zoo but that was enough time especially since we both got hungry. Here are a couple of pictures of some of our favorite animals.

Flamingos are such unique and pretty birds.

This was some kind of horned-billed bird. He sort of played shy and ran away but then would come back and run back and forth in front of you for awhile.

This little guy is one of my new favorites. The Red Panda. Cool. That's all I have to say.

Dave made the comment, "That's how I used to do my hair." If you can't tell from the picture, the Emu has his hair parted straight down the middle and kind of slicked down. It made me laugh, especially since I've seen pictures of Dave with his hair like that.

It wouldn't be a trip to the zoo without a tiger. Scary.

One of the other cool animals we saw, was the parrot who could talk. Some of his phrases were, "Hello!," "How are you?," "Pretty bird.," and "Was up?" He even mimicked a lady's laugh. I was really impressed. Anyway, we had a great time and I can't wait to go the zoo again!

2 comments: