Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas 2009

Well Christmas came and went way too fast. I always get a little sad after Christmas. It means we wait for a whole year again before we get to celebrate. Yeah the presents are great, but I love how the famly gets together and we get to play, and there is Christmas music, lots of food and candy, and just the whole Christmas spirit. I know I'll be seeing family throughout the year, but there is just something special about coming together at Christmas. Anyway, I'm not trying to be depressing, I love Christmas time but it's sad that it has to end.

We did have a wonderful Christmas. We spent it with Dave's family this year. I'll start with Christmas Eve. We had a very large and delicious dinner, like Thanksgiving. Then we loaded into the car to look at lights, sing carols, and deliver goodies to friends. When we got back, we all shared a spiritual/inspirational Christmas story. It was great to reflect on the true meaning of Christmas. Then we watched a video called, Joy to the World, which is the nativity story. Then we went to bed.

We woke up at 8:00 and waited at the stairs for the annual picture taking on the balcony. Then we got to come downstairs and look in our stockings. All the presents are passed out and then starting from youngest to oldest we open a present each until they are all opened. Then we ate cinnamon style goodies for breakfast and then we started playing with toys and games. We took it pretty easy all day. I even snuck in a nap. I called and skyped with all my family and then before you knew it it was bedtime again. I sure do love Christmas. Here's what Dave and I got for Christmas: clothes and some jewelry, movies, games, money, a handmixer, reading books, songbooks, a webcam, candy, a Leatherman, decorations, and few other little things. It was a wonderful day and I hope the spirit of Christmas found you this year too! Merry Christmas!

Mom finishing up the chocolate covered candies.

Waiting for storytime.

"Oh Christmas Tree."

This is Dave trying out his new Leatherman.

Playing on the new Wii.

No comments:

Post a Comment