Sunday, December 6, 2009

Thanksgiving Break

Dave and I went to Utah for Thanksgiving. On our way down to Enoch, we first met up with some of my old roommates. We went to Thanksgiving Point and visited, ate some great ice-cream, and goofed off at the store. It was great to see Alicia and Betsy. I miss those girls and my other old roommates. We sure had a great time when we were living together and so it was really fun to meet up. Here are some pics.
Here we are strategically posing in front of a Christmas tree.

Poor Dave is forced to do whatever we want when us girls get together.

Dave does what we want because we are so hard core. Don't mess.

After we were done goofing off, we drove down to Enoch. Thanksgiving morning was a blast. We had a Turkey bowl with all the cousins. We had been challenged by the Richey clan. Catherine Richey is one of my best friends and it was all her family we played with and against. We didn't divide teams by family, we did it by birthdays, the beginning of the year vs. the end of the year. Luckily this way made it so I wasn't chosen last. It was really fun. As many of you know, I'm not a huge football fan, but playing is different from watching. It was touch football, and then someone had flags and so we changed it up a bit. The game was a tie at the end though some think otherwise, but a tie sounds good to me. It was great. Sadly, I don't have any photos of the glorious game. After working up a sweat, we cleaned up and headed next door to my aunt's house for the magnificent feast. So yummy.

Lots of the family, lining up to get some grub.

Poor boys, don't know how to handle the feast.

The day after Thanksgiving, we have our family Christmas party. We eat pizza, make some kind of craft, dip candies in chocolate, do some service project, and have fun.

Dipping chocolates. Mmm Mmm Good.

Of course the boys were by the TV.

We left Saturday night to head back up north and this is the weather we had for about 30 minutes, but then it cleared up. At least I had some what of a white Christmas before heading back to California.

1 comment: