Sunday, March 21, 2010

St. Patrick's Day

We invited Dave's family over for St. Patty's Day this year. Matt couldn't make it but they brought Grandpa Ricks to replace him. We didn't do anything too wild and crazy, we just had dinner. But when I get a chance to change the color of my food, I spring on the idea. That's why St. Patrick's Day is becoming one of my favorite celebrations and you get to wear a specific color to avoid being pinched. You have to admit, it is kinda fun. Anyway, we had roast and potatoes (dyed green), green caesar salad, green jello, green punch, and for dessert, rainbow cupcakes. It was a scrumptious meal, if I do say so myself, and it was nice to spend time with family. Here's some pictures of the night. Hope you had a Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I had some balloons but that's all I did in the way of extra decorations, unless you include Dave who has an outstanding ability to pose.

Here is our lovely green meal. Ymmmm.

I didn't tell anyone I was taking a picture. I love the candid type.

Here is the inside of the rainbow cupcake. I was really happy with the way they turned out. They do take longer than regular ones but they're still pretty easy. Just make a regular white cake mix, separate it into six bowls, add food coloring, add a layer of each color to a cupcake baking cup, and cook. Voila!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had fun! Those cupcakes are great! My photo of the ones I made didn't turn out as good as yours but they were yummy all the same. Do you get Family Fun magazine?

    ReplyDelete