Sunday, July 11, 2010

"I'm a Yankee Doodle Dandee"

I just realized I don't have a clue what that song even means. What the heck is a Yankee Doodle Dandee? I get the Yankee part but what about the rest? Anyway, this is about the 4th of July. We were actually traveling on the 3rd when most places were celebrating but we did celebrate on the 4th but that will be included in with the family reunion post. This post is about my work party on the 2nd. We closed down for two hours while we partied like it's 1999. We had an incredible BBQ with lots and lots of food.

Meet Bill, I mean Uncle Sam. I work with him and he takes holidays very seriously.

My brother-in-law, Mike won a game of Connect Four. It doesn't happen very often so I had to document it.

After the BBQ, as is tradition apparently, we had a watermelon seed spitting contest. There were 3 different divisions: children, girls, and boys. I got 4th in the girls but there were only about 6 of us so that's not that cool but I was pretty impressed with my skills. I didn't know I spit so far.

Mine is the one the arrow is pointing to. I spit it from where Uncle Sam is standing. Impressive, I know.

Then we had a water balloon throwing contest. Mike (my brother-in-law who I work with) and I were partners. We didn't win but got 2nd place which is AMAZING. You can congratulate me when you see me. Our boss is incredibly generous and gave $2 bills to winners/participants of the games. And the winners of the seed spitting contest get like $25. Jealous? I was. Anway, it was a super fun party and then we actually got to leave early that day so it made it even better. Hope you all had a very fun 4th of July!

1 comment: