Sunday, July 11, 2010

Some BIG News!

This is probably not news to most of you because I've either called you or you've seen the announcement on Facebook, but I'm PREGNANT! I'm currently 19 weeks along and the baby is the size of an heirloom tomato. Check Facebook weekly for updates and to see which fruit the baby will be. Dave and I are very excited. We don't care if it's a girl or boy, just a healthy baby. I have a feeling it will be a boy and I've had two dreams already. Obviously, that doesn't mean anything but we'll see. We find out this Friday what the gender is, so check back next week to see.

I'm feeling pretty good. The nausea is gone but I occasionally have the minor aches and pains that come with pregnancy and yes, I know it only gets worse. It still doesn't seem real yet but I know it will when my belly gets bigger. I have started to feel the baby. At first I wasn't sure and people were always like, yeah you can't tell if it is gas or the baby. My doctor however, put it quite nicely. Basically she said, if there is no product of the "gas" (meaning a burp or fart), then it's the baby. I've felt the baby alot.

It was really cool to see the baby move and hear its heartbeat on the ultrasounds I've had. Right now I have appointments about once a month so that's always something to look forward to. I also get an email weekly from babycenter.com. That's where the fruit comparison comes from and they also tell me the new growth and cool things the baby can do now. As of now, the due date is December 4th though I'm shooting for a November birthday (don't ask me why because I don't have a reason.)

Anyway, here is a picture of our first ultrasound. The baby was very wiggly and the doctor had to keep poking it to get it to turn the right direction so she could get the measurements. The baby already has a mind of its own. Also, on my last visit, they checked the heart beat and the doctor had to push on the upper left corner of my stomach to trap the baby down in the lower right corner just to get the heart beat. It really likes to move apparently. Can't wait until those movements are more noticeable.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so happy for you guys! As much as being pregnant is uncomfortable it is such a wonderful time too. Imagining what your baby will look like and be like is so much fun. I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well! I can't wait to find out what you're having!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!! Congratulations! I am so excited for you two. Okay, Davey, time to practice holding a baby. I think Christopher is still traumatized from when you held him. JK. You will be great.

    ReplyDelete