Monday, April 9, 2012

HOPPY EASTER!

Easter is a fun holiday.  We had two great days of Easter.  Saturday we had our friends, the Oakes, over for dinner and egg festivities.  We went all out.  We had ham, potatoes, green bean casserole, crescent rolls, and sparkling grape juice.  Mmmmm boy. 


Then we took the kiddos outside for an Easter Egg Hunt.  I was really hoping Jocey would be old enough to really get into it this year but maybe next year.  She did grasp the main concept of grabbing eggs and putting them in the basket but she got distracted easily when she discovered the goodies inside.  Of course I would do the same thing so who am I to judge?  And now I know that Jocey is a fan of Jelly Beans.  

Jocey tossing an egg into her basket.

Grant could reach the high eggs.  Lucky!

 The Oakes.

The Ricks.

After the hunt the kiddos took a bath.  Jocey and Grant really get along well which isn't the case for everyone that Jocey plays with so it's always fun to watch them together.

So cute!

Last, we dyed eggs.  I tried using Kool-Aid this year.  Thank you Pinterest.  It smells so much better than vinegar and the colors were bright.  We took turns dying eggs so someone could watch the babies.  While dying eggs we also had dessert which was this amazing cake with cream cheese/whipped cream frosting, and strawberries.  Thanks Oakes!  It was delicious!  We also watched the Kings game.  Unfortunately we lost but it didn't ruin our fun evening!

Our finished eggs.

Sunday, we got up and ate our Easter breakfast which included our awesome boiled eggs and muffins I'd made the night before.  Then we oogled at our goodies in our baskets.  I think we were all spoiled a little this year.  Then we went to church which is always good, especially on Easter Sunday.

Our goodies. 

Ready for church.  Daddy even let Jocey bring her stuffed duckie to church.

After church, Jocey and I took naps.  It felt so good.  Then we got up and left for Dave's dad's house.  I took some pictures of Jocey in her super cute Easter dress Grandma got her when she came to visit (see previous post).  She didn't cooperate like I wanted but I did get some good shots.



Then we had another amazing Easter feast at the McCaffree's (Dave's uncle and aunt).  We really ate well this Easter weekend.  I wouldn't be surprised if we gained a few pounds.  Anyway, we played some games and then headed home.  It was such a great weekend.  Though I do get caught up in the fun commercialized side of Easter, I also remember the real reason for the holiday, our Savior Jesus Christ.  I'm grateful for His sacrifice and for His life.  I hope you all felt the Savior's love this Easter holiday and that you always remember Him and what he did for us.  Happy Easter!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Easter! Love all the pics of Jocey. She is so cute. Koolaid to dye eggs is brilliant!! Totally doing that next year.

    ReplyDelete