Monday, April 9, 2012

My Mom Was Here

My mom came to visit during General Conference weekend and then stayed a few more days.  It was great to have her here and Jocelyn loved getting spoiled.  We just took it easy over the weekend since there was lots of churchy stuff.  Jocey learned how to play Angry Birds on Grandma's iPad.  Sunday we went to EDH to have dinner with Dave's family.  Monday, Matt came up here to hang out since he was on Spring Break.  We went to River Bend Park and had a picnic and played.  The weather was perfect while my mom was here.

Grandma protecting Jocey from the butterflies. 

Jocey got brave enough to touch a butterfly. 

The boys.

After the park we came back to our apartment and while Jocey slept, my mom and I watched a movie and the boys played a game.  Nice and relaxing.  Tuesday, us girls got our shop on.  We went to Kohl's, the Folsom Outlets, and the Mall.  We all got some cute new clothes and some tasty treats.  I love the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory.  They have amazing candied apples.  That night my mom took us to Chili's for dinner.  Delicious.  On Wednesday, my mom took us grocery shopping and stocked us up.  Thanks mom!  It was much appreciated.  My mom left that afternoon.  Jocey was so sad on the way home from the airport.  She lost her backseat car buddy.  It was so fun to see my mom and it always makes me wish we lived closer to family.  But we're glad that she came to visit and we can't wait until next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment