Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A Rough Couple of Days

This week hasn't been the easiest for Jocelyn and it's only Wednesday morning.  Here's the story.  Monday we went to grandpa's house to do laundry (for free).  We had some other errands to run so we headed out.  We walked around Bed, Bath, and Beyond while we waited for a couple other stores to open.  Jocelyn did the "dead weight drop" while I was holding her hand and so I pulled her back up.  While lifting, I felt something pop.  I checked her out and she was a little whiny but I thought, "we'll just keep going and see how she acts."  Well we went to another store and she was really clingy and whiny and I knew she was uncomfortable.  So we went to Urgent Care.  I feel like we have been to an Urgent Care every month for the past three months.  Oh wait we have (once for a rash and once for a crazy cough that she had for almost 2 months before it finally disappeared last week).  The doctor moved her arm around and took x-rays and everything looked fine.  She probably popped it back in place herself.  The rest of the day, yesterday, and today she has been a lefty.  Her right arm mostly just hangs by her side.  She's acts fine otherwise but it's hard to see her try to do something but can't because she doesn't want to use her right arm.  Poor baby.

Next, story.  Jocey finally had her 18 month check up yesterday.  Only 3 months late.  We changed Insurance companies, that's our excuse.  She was not happy about being in a doctor's office again.  She's definitely starting to recognize those places.  They weighed her, measured her height, checked her arm again upon my request, and performed other doctorly duties.  She got 2 shots and that was that.  She was quite the champ.  Of course there were tears but she took a three hour nap to recover.  What is it about doctor visits and shots that wipe little kids out.  I love it.  Is that wrong?  Anyway, here are her stats.  She weighs 22 pounds.  WOO HOO!  She gained more weight than I thought.  She's still only in the 7th percentile though.  She is 35 inches tall.  Holy cow!  They draw lines to measure her on the table and looking at that made me feel like she was a giant.  She's almost 3 feet tall.  She's in the 95th percentile there.  So she's still tall and skinny.

1 comment:

  1. max pops his elbow out all the time. I've finally figured out how to put it back in myself. Sorry you've been to Urgent Care so much, I feel like I should have a frequent patient card with them that offers a speedy check-in or a free cookie after so many visits ;) Hope her week is improving! miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete