Friday, February 7, 2014

29 Years of Age

That's right, I turned 29. Only one year left in my 20's. How neat is that? And I'm going out with a bang!

I got majorly spoiled. We pretty much celebrated for a week. My birthday fell on a Thursday this year, but we celebrated all day, the Monday before, because Dave had the day off. We went to the Outlets and shopped our hearts out. I got a couple pairs of shoes, Dave got shoes and some new clothes. Then we had dinner at Panera Bread. I'd never been so I wanted to try it out. It was yummy! Then we took Jocey to Dave's dad's house and Emma to the McCaffree's while Dave and I went and saw the movie, The Legend of Hercules. It was ok, nothing amazing but we were entertained.

When we got home that night, I opened a present from Dave. It was an expansion to the game Pandemic. It's called, On the Brink. We love Pandemic!

 photo DSC03178480x640_zps44d542c0.jpg

Then on Wednesday, my friends came and kidnapped me (as initiated by Dave) and took me out to dinner. They went all out. They came through our back door disguised (though I knew it was Angie and Jen) and tied my hands behind my back, tied my legs together, and blindfolded me. They, with the help of Dave, carried me outside to the getaway truck. They had put a ton of balloons in the car. No, I couldn't see them but could feel them all over.

 photo 2014-1Kathrynsbirthdaysurprise2640x480_zpsdf532a95.jpg

Oh and they made me look pretty. They put a tiara on me, some necklaces, and bracelets (Jocey really loved them when I brought them back home with me). I do wish I had actually done my hair and makeup that day but at least I had showered right?

 photo 2014-1Kathrynsbirthdaysurprise4480x640_zps93425143.jpg

We went to the Old Spaghetti Factory and had dinner. Then we had a brownie cake (made by Jen) and opened presents.

 photo 2014-1Kathrynsbirthdaysurprise9640x480_zps09e888d4.jpg

I got slippers, pajama pants, skittles, M&M's, beautiful flowers, hand soap, and a gift card. Thanks friends! I had a blast! And from my parents I'd gotten some money and my mom sent me her Bread Maker that she no longer wanted. Sweet!

 photo DSC03184480x640_zps41402572.jpg

On my actual birthday, I went to the park and had a picnic with some friends. I was going to make a cake that looks like a giant cupcake but with the leftover brownie cake from the night before and cupcakes brought over by my friend Jenny, I figured I'd hold off on trying out the new cake pan. That night, we watched the movie, Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters. It was good.

And last, on Friday, I went to DSW and bought some more shoes. I was going to get them Monday but the other store didn't have them in my size, but this one did.

 photo DSC03187640x480_zps823e29dd.jpg

And that was my wonderful birthday week! Thanks for all the messages and calls too! I seriously have the best family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment