Monday, March 23, 2009

And The Winner Is.....

Some of you may remember my post last Valentine's Day. Dave gave me a coupon that said, "This coupon is good for one chick-flick movie of you choice to be watched with David A. Ricks." Well this past weekend I used it. I had been thinking about a chick-flick that I wanted to see and there wasn't really anything new out that I was interested in. I was introduced to a great musical by my sis-in-law, Melanie, a few years ago called, "Thoroughly Modern Millie." It's great and I decided I wanted to watch it with Dave. It's good and silly and he would probably get a few laughs out of it. So we went to Blockbuster and guess what? No "Thoroughly Modern Millie" there. I checked in every category too, comedy, drama, and family. I even checked foreign. Nothing, nada, zilch. Oh well. I had a fall back.

The Fall Back. Seeing as the movie only came out on DVD on Saturday and I had only seen it once, I decided it was the winner. I had wanted to watch it with Dave but by the time we were going to watch it again, it was already out of the theaters. So now he got his lucky chance. Now you're probably wondering what movie. Well without further adieu, the winner is TWILIGHT!!!!


Dave said it wasn't bad. I know it wasn't his favorite but he said it could have been worse. So we had a jolly old time watching it together and now I have to wait for another special occasion to hopefully get another coupon. Thanks Dave! You're the best!

6 comments:

  1. Thoroughly Modern Millie is a classic! We watched Twilight this weekend too, David said he enjoyed it but its definitely a chick flick. love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it must have been a Twilight weekend for the brough clan. Brad surprised me by offering to reserve it at the redbox. Now i have to watch James Bond this weekend. Glad you had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought you would get something that would really make it worth your time, like Pride and Prejudice, the long one. Although that may have made him think twice before giving you another coupon like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dave, how much does it cost to join your blog?
    "Oh lets not talk about that now, lets play with this ball"
    good times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watched Twilight on Saturday too, but I actually went out and bought it. And it was so worth it. I think I liked it even better this time than I did at the theater. I love Thoroughly Modern Milly. I guess you don't remember this, but Mom and I used to rent it all the time when I was little because we liked it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a good choice. Jordan said that he'd watch it with me too, as long as I'd let him comments through out. I said that was fine, BUT he yet to watch it. I love Thoroughly Modern Milly too! "Oh Raspberries!"

    ReplyDelete