Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Irish Jigs and Meals

I love St. Patrick's Day. Even though I don't even know all the reasons behind the celebration I still like to show my Irish pride. I have a few songs on our playlist to help you get in the mood. They might not all be Irish but they're good fun so enjoy them for a little bit.

I wore my green today and Dave changed his shirt after I pinched him. He forgot when he was getting ready this morning and I had already left so I couldn't help him. Wives are important. At work a leprechaun had left green fortune cookies for us all and my fortune said, "Kiss Me, I'm Irish."



I like to dye my food green for this wonderful day and was excited to try pasta. I was talking to my sister and we weren't sure if it would work, but I'm happy to report that it did. The spaghetti noodles turned green. They look kinda gross but obviously it still tasted the same. Dave commented, "This is one of those meals you wish you blind for." Getting past the green water was the hard thing for me. I was worried that the water would be sour for some reason but guess what? Just like the spaghetti still tasted like spaghetti, the water still tasted like water. And to top off our meal we had peas which are celebrating St. Patrick's Day au natural. Below are some pictures of the meal. I hope you all enjoyed your St. Patrick's Day because I sure did.

The beginnings of a green meal. Mmmmm......

The finishings of a great meal.

5 comments:

  1. I just saw your blog via Jenn's. You're so fun! I only thought of dying my cupcakes green after I had baked them, so I had to settle for green frosting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We made green eggs and ham. again looks terrible but close your eyes and they're perfect. And oddly enough I thought of you while I made them. You are always so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to see that the pasta turned out, but I'm sad to said that it looks kinda nasty. Sorry. I'm sure it tasted good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, I forgot to tell you: Next year you should look for spinich fettacine. It's so good and looks just as green as your pasta but more appealing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to laugh when you said that you thought the water might be sour, but you know what, I was thinking that too! I guess our blonde roots were showing! I'm glad I'm not the only nerd that dies their food! love ya!

    ReplyDelete