Sunday, March 15, 2009

Cereal My Heart


I really like cereal. Especially when it's on sale. Nothing beats waking up to a nice cold bowl of heaven. Or going to sleep after eating a bowl. Or ending your lunch break with a bowl. Or celebrating a wedding with a bowl. Or eating a bowl while someone reads Jack Handy quotes until you start laughing so hard that the milk and cereal come drooling from your mouth back into the bowl, only for you to eat them later. It fits every occasion, and it's oh-so good for you. The sugar isn't, but the fortified goodness sure is. Without cereal, the world would probably implode. At least mine would.
In other news, I've been having really bad luck lately at restaurants. Well, just with restaurant napkins. Last time I went to IHOP, there was a piece of gum stuck in my nicely folded napkin. I don't know who stuck it there, or if perhaps some guy running the napkin making machine started choking on his gum and someone did CPR until he coughed it out. "Nah, they'll never notice" he thought to himself with a stupid expression on his stupid face. Then, this last Friday Kahryn and I went to Denny's, who probably buys their napkins from the same guy. This time it looked like I had a booger on my napkin. It wasn't mine, so I dont' know how it got there. I should mention that the food at both places was fantastic (I obviously like breakfast foods), but I think I'm bringing my own napkin next time. The intelligent person would say, "Hey Dave, stop going to those trashy restaurants." To which I reply, "Hey, stop giving me your trashy opinion." Does Sizzler have the Fabulous French Toast Platter? Can you get a succulent Meatlovers Omelet at Fresh Choice? I would submit that you cannot. Just don't eat the napkins.

6 comments:

  1. BTW Dave, people mostly do the Heimlich when choking, unless they feel the need to needlessly break a rib by doing CPR ..and still watch the person dye of choking... BTW

    ReplyDelete
  2. that shirt was a gift but was the cereal also a gift? And btw I thought the "tasteeos" at first said tastepoos. But that wouldn't be so tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say eat at better places too, but I ate waffle house (a cheaper denny's) and Carls Jr. On the same day. So I'm not one to talk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abigail would whole-heartedly agree with the statement that cereal is the best food in the world. She is currently eating it for every meal at our house. Her personal favorite at the moment is Fruit Loops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dave! Found your blog on your mom & dad's! Yup, I remember loving breakfast at your house because you guys always had the coolest cereal. Come look at mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dave,

    You are one weird kid. That's why I love you

    Dad

    ReplyDelete