Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Done Much Lately?

So this past weekend was a very busy one. It started Friday morning with Kara's 8th Grade Graduation. Kara is one of the Young Women in my ward I used to teach until she graduated to the older class. Anyway, Angie (another Young Women leader) and I went to cheer her on and had a lot of fun in the process. I was really impressed with the student speakers. They were so confident and the singers were amazing. Kara was beaming and I was so proud of her.  After the graduation we went to Kara's house for a little party.  The food was delectable and the company great!  Congrats Kara!

 The cheering section with the graduate.

The super awesome Green family. 

In case you didn't know, Kara Rocks!

So moving on.  After the graduation party I went home and took a nap.  Then I headed to the Young Women sleepover.  We did some food prep for the fundraiser and then partied like it's 1999.  We roasted hot dogs and made s'mores.  We jumped on the trampoline, played at the park, played telephone like there's no tomorrow and some other games, and ended the night watching Tangled.  I have to say that our Young Women are so totally tubular.  They are so much fun and I love being around them.  Now, prepare for picture overload because I love so many of these pictures and couldn't decide which to put up so therefore I am putting up a lot.

Child labor. 

Making s'mores. S'more of what? 

Tag turned to a game called Pile on Kara. 

I love this lady. 

Kathryn, who spells her name right. The marshmallows were ginormous.

You try playing chubby bunny cross-eyed.

 
Jenn, I don't think you have enough food in this picture. 

Get your groove on. 

Watching Tangled. 

The sleepers.

Morning trampoline jumping.  Sorry neighbors if the girls woke you up.

After the sleepover, I went home and slept and then headed to the church for the Young Women fundraiser.  We did a lot more food prep and then in an hour all the orders were picked up and enjoyed by our very supportive Ward family.  So that's that.  It was a very crazy weekend but also a very great weekend.  The end.

P.S. How do I make a collage of photos instead of just putting them up one by one?

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun for leaders and the girls!

    I'm not sure about the collage, sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathryn, you should download Picasa - it's a free photo editing software made by Google. That's what I use to make collages and you can add text to pictures too. It's super fun! Let me know if you need help with any of it!

    ReplyDelete