Tuesday, May 10, 2011

"Mother, I love you; Mother, I do."

This was my first Mother's Day as an actual mother.  It was great.  My parents sent me a book which I read in a day (it wasn't super long but great).  Dave made me breakfast (french toast and eggs), and he basically took care of Jocelyn all day (gave her a bath, fed her, and put her to sleep).  We got candy at church (which can never be a bad thing), and to top off the day we went to El Dorado Hills and had dinner (lasagna) with the Ricks and McCaffree families.  But enough about me.  Let's talk about the really important mothers out there.  These two lovely ladies:


These are the greatest moms in the world.  I am so grateful to them both for all that they have done for me and my family.  My mom has taught me and continues to teach me so much. She is a great support in my life and is always there for me.  I don't know what I would do without her. I love you! 

Mama Ricks so warmly welcomed me into her family.  I'm so grateful for the time I got to spend with her and the love she poored out and the example she was.  I miss you so much and I love you!

I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day!

1 comment:

  1. love the tribute! might have to steal this idea, its super sweet :) Happy Mother's day!

    ReplyDelete